Monday, June 8, 2009

In the wake of a defeat



It is very tempting to feel sad and dejected following the Penguins horrible 5-0 loss on Saturday night. I, for one, was very displeased with the lack of composure and discipline they displayed. It was difficult for us to watch the game. Bunny and I left the arena after the end of the second period, as it was clear to me that there was little hope of the Penguins winning the game, and even if there was, it could only have come from within themselves and not from us. I credit both the players and the coaching staff for the poor quality of play and lack of mental discipline.

I have suggested to Dan Bylsma that the Penguins should enlist the help of Mike Tomlin or Jerome Bettis behind the bench during the next game, as I think either of those two men would provide excellent leadership that is lacking from this team. However, I'm not sure if the Penguins coaching staff will heed my advice. This would be a great mistake on their part, for which I am not responsible. I will, nevertheless, continue to do my best to help the Penguins achieve their goals. A long, hard road remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment