Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rob Rob and Bunny's Movie Review: Slumdog Millionare



Rob Rob (2 panda thumbs down): I appreciate that this movie tried to illustrate the plot of oppressed people, namely the poor of India. Coming from an oppressed species, I have great sympathy toward all who fight oppression. However, I thought that this movie would be more uplifting, but it was instead horribly depressing. Even the somewhat happy ending wasn't enough...I mean, seriously, the mob killers are still probably going to come after the protagonist and his girlfriend is horribly scarred both mentally and physically. He probably has PTSD and will wake up screaming every night while having dreams about being tortured by the chubby Indian police guy. All the money in the world can't buy sanity, but it can buy medication, so I'm thinking that the best thing these two have going for them is that they can at least spend the rest of their pitiful lives medicated out of their mind on prozac and xanax so they can try to forget the horrible things that happened to them. I thought China was bad....I'm never going to India.

Bunny (2 ears down): What the fuck, man? Where was the trippy music and dancing? I was lead to believe that there would be trippy music and dancing. I was terribly disappointed. This movie was marketed as the "Feel Good Film of the Decade." Seriously, see the movie poster picture. This is more like the "Slit My Wrists Film of the Decade." I'd rather watch the fourth hour of the Today Show than watch this movie again.

Overall, we don't recommend this movie to you unless you like being depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment