Wednesday, January 14, 2009

As this is my first blog post, I'd like to welcome you all as fellow travelers on the path to self-discovery and enlightenment. Here you'll find some comments on my impression of the world as it looks to a young Panda living in a foreign land. My views may be a bit different from your own, as I am from both a different country as well as a different species.

I would like to say how excited I am for the Steeler game this weekend!!! Go Steelers!!!

Check out this video from Keith Olbermann last night about the puppy (temporarily) killed by a Wii-mote (don't worry, the puppy is fine). This actually happened to my good buddy, Bunny (that's both his name and his species; as an aside, Bunny wants me to comment about how excited he is about the "tobacco paraphernalia" shop now operating Baltimore Ave., here in Philly, near where we live). Bunny was playing BoomBlox at our friend Rob's place, and Bunny totally got excited and whacked our other friend Duke on the head with the Wii-mote and knocked him out cold (Bunny can be kind of a spaz). Thankfully our other friend Man-E-Faces was more than happy to give Duke mouth-to-mouth, and he saved Duke's life.

On a more serious note, Sidney Crosby was injured during the Penguins-Capitals game last night, and we are yet to know the extent of this injury and/or whether it will mean he will miss game time. It could be nothing. It could be serious. I'll be following this story closely. Until then, we're left with Evgeni Malkin as the Penguins sole savior. Note that almost 1 year ago to the day, Crosby got hurt last season, and Geno picked the team up on his back and carried them into the playoffs as he battled for the NHL scoring title until Crosby once again got healthy. I talked to Malkin on the phone this morning, and he said to me "I play hard, Rob Rob. If no Sidney, I try play harder."

Amen, Geno. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment