Friday, January 30, 2009

Panda News

China's Pandas Face an Uncertain Future After Quake (click for link)

"And while the immediate plans...aim to rebuild communities and captive panda facilities, they do not, to the chagrin of some conservationists, include sufficient measures to restore or protect the surrounding bamboo forests that provide refuge for endangered wild pandas."

As if my oppressed people do not have enough problems, now the hastily implemented solutions to the earthquake that devastated my birthplace (The Wolong National Nature Reserve in Sichuan) are found to be poorly thought out. The Chinese government cares only about using my people to make the rest of the world think they are interested in the environment and conservation. They don't actually care about my people.

Here are some pictures (click for link) of my people back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment