Friday, April 24, 2009

Jerome Bettis's thoughts


I was talking to Mike Tomlin today, and asked him what he thought of the Penguins situation (a good team playing far below it's potential), and one of his pieces of advice was to consult Jerome Bettis. Apparently, in Pittsburgh, Jerome Bettis is consulted on all major issues. I called Mr. Bettis on the phone (his wife answered...she seems very sweet and invited me over for dinner next time I am in Pittsburgh) and described the last Penguins game to him. He said, "Rob Rob, all I can say is that it is a very unfortunate situation. Very unfortunate situation. Gotta run hard or you ain't gonna get past the line of scrimmage. But first you gotta run smart to find the hole."

There you have it, Penguins: Run hard. Run smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment